got a minolta x-370s

hirschizer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey I got a minolta x-370s for the weekend to shoot film over the weeknd. my photography class in school is learning to develop film.(we're a digital photography class.) This is the first time ive shoot witha completely manual camera and i was wondering if u guys had any quick tips.:hug::

i have that camera. all i can say is to bracket your shots because the meter on that thing is not always right.

enjoy shooting. manual is fun (although the x370 is not "completely manual", it has an auto shutter-speed option), i would say to skip the auto option anyways...

If the meter is still accurate you should be ok, just try to meter off a fairly neutral tone, preferably a proper grey card but grass or even the palm of your hand may be ok. Ideally use a handheld light meter though. Or you could ignore the meter and simply try exposing with different apertures and shutter speeds in various light conditions and learn from the experience (and wherever possible write down the aperture and shutter speed used for each shot). After all experimenting is fairly cheap when doing your own processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back