Got a new camera, decided to capture a sunset

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jdhpro.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out and bought a 6D with 24-105mm today. Tried to redo my sunset picture I did yesterday, the clouds weren't as nice, but I'm moderately satisfied with the result. Thoughts?
$10269249_10203489715660712_6508506657924822807_o.jpg

Nice silky water but my eyes don't know where to go on this image. Need a subject?

jmo... composition needs some work... go there again ;)

Owasso plays ball. I swear that is a bumper sticker I always saw for Owasso baseball. Their team always seems to do well.

As for the photo it doesn't hold much interest. Try another composition. Thanks for sharing it is how we learn.

This shot is almost "other worldly", so if it were mine, I might do something to make it more so.

This shot is almost "other worldly", so if it were mine, I might do something to make it more so.

Care to give an example of what you mean?

What i always love to do with Landscapes is that i increase the highlights to darken the skies and put down the shadows to bring more details in the foreground. After that i arrange the whites and the blacks so i put the right contrast in the photo. I do use the gradient filter to pop out the clouds, if any, and do some dodge and burn with the brushes, for instance on the foreground of your photo i did use a white brush on part of the rocks and did a redish brush on the sky were it was red, to pop out more red in the sky. That is my opinion, hope u like more better the photo ;-)$forum2.jpg

Most reactions

Back