got a new len coming thought i might give hddslr video a try.

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well i found a deal on a zeiss 85mm 1.4 planar. after doing more reasearch i found they are a pretty good video lens. also my d7000 does decent video too.

has anyone tried one of these system zero setups for video? they look to be very well made and a decent lightweight setup. of coarse they are not cheap, as its a little over $500. not only would it be good for video, but it should help with still photos when i use the zeiss lens, as its a manual focus lens.

z-ffs-n7kvf_03.jpg

what do you guys think?

thank you. any thoughts on this system. seems to be somewhat new so not too many reviews or information other then the website. it seems to be a well thought out system. personally i always wished the video was available through a view finder of some sort, and this would be about as close to possible as it comes.

I've never tried a system zero brand setup but it's a bit overkill for just trying out. I also have a D7000 and when it's switched to video mode the image automatically goes to the lcd screen. It's only a bad thing when your shooting outside in bright daylight and it makes it extremely hard to see. That's when the lcd viewfinder comes in handy. If you really want to spend on that one you can but I bet some cheaper ones would work just as well. I don't have any recommendations because I'm looking into getting one myself. As for the follow focus I'd say it really isn't necessary at all at this point. Focusing manually on the lens like taking stills works just fine and isn't a inconvenience.

Most reactions

Back