Got an old Pentax on trade.

Naptha will also kill of any moths who have their beady eyes on your shutter curtain as their next meal :D It'll also halt any fungus in the camera or lens :)

Isopropyl alcoholhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol will work equally as well to free up sticky lubricant, I use it to revive LF shutters.

Dimitri there's no attach images option, maybe that's only available to subscribers.supporters ?

Ian

I thought everyone can post attachments... I'll check.

I use a few VBulletin boards & thi is the only one without the option.

It's no big deal to me as it's too Digital in bias anyway :D

Ian

Thanks for the tips guys I'll see what I can do to get this thing working again. BTW I also have an ME Super that works wonderful I may add.

YOU GUYS ARE GENIUSES!! The shutter is no longer stuck. I took the bottom off and put some isopropyl alcohol in there and it works now! I did run into another snag wich is indirectly related to another thing. There is a weird battery in the light meter thing not sure if its still made. And 2nd if I can find a battery, does anyone know how in the world to work this thing? Thanks again everyone!

The clip-on external meter takes a PX-13 or a PX-625 1.35v Mercury battery, as far as I remember. As to where to buy it, eBay sellers have a few for sale: CLICK otherwise search on Google and you'll find it.

Glad it came back to life! ;)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yea, me too. Now how do I work the camera and light meter? Ive never used anything like this before. BTW it was sitting for like an hour and now it sticks again. Can I, or should I put more alcohol on it?

Also whats the deal with the diaphragm cocker thing on the side of the lens? I have never seen one of these either?

Last edited:
Boz, the instructions for using the light meter should ve available online. I do have them here in the UK a couple of Pentax publications, but I'm rather snowed under packing, sorting out negs & prints before I return to Turkey tomorrow.

I'll try find them for you in a few days once I'm home, if not I'll post how to use from memory :D That meter is actually very good if you can find the right battery, I used to shoot tranparenies with my S1a (just a budget version of the SV with no elf timer and an un-marked & un-regulated 1000th top speed).

Great to hear the camera is A1 - OK now :)

I nearly bought another early Pentax yesterday but my wife's still not forgiven me for buying a brand new Canon D300 last November despite it only costing £10 ($15), the battery cost me more !!!! Oh and she'll think I bought this to :D

Ian

Last edited:
Sweet deal, thanks for the help!

It keeps firing then inconsistently sticking. Should I just keep working at it in hopes that it will start working correct?

Another edit: It seems to now only not stick when I click the shutter holding the camera upside down. I'm going to let it sit overnight and see what happens.

Last edited:
Yea, so it pretty much just stopped working again :-(

Boz, shoot Garry at garryscamera.com a line and see if he can't do something with it. My Minolta's film advance lever wouldn't move and he fixed it and did a CLA for $48.00 and that was with shipping. I've since shoot about two roll's with it and not had any problems.

Boz, shoot Garry at garryscamera.com a line and see if he can't do something with it. My Minolta's film advance lever wouldn't move and he fixed it and did a CLA for $48.00 and that was with shipping. I've since shoot about two roll's with it and not had any problems.

Awesome, Ill shoot him an email right now. It seems that they are semi local to me too. :thumbup:

Well Gary was absolutely no help. I have been still firing it every once and awhile and I put some more alcohol in it. It seems to be working again for the time being.

Boz, do me a favor and try it this time with Naphta or Ronsonol. You can get Naphta at your hardware store or you can get Ronsonol at your grocery store, cigarette dept. Make sure you buy the Ronsonol Lighter Fluid for the older, wick lighters. And since you're out for that, get a can of air (spray) for blasting debris out of the camera. Alcohol will work sometimes but you have a better chance with Ronsonol.

Ok Ill try that today. You think I can get that Rosonol stuff at walgreens?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back