Got an old Pentax on trade.

Ok Ill try that today. You think I can get that Rosonol stuff at walgreens?

Yeah, they should carry it. You might need to repeat the operation a few times, each time using the compressed air can to blow away debris. It should work itself out after a few tries. Lemme know the results.

will do. I am going to buy some when I go to work today and I'll try it when I get home. Thanks again for the help.

Quick question....I take the bottom plate off and dab some of this in there. Then do I let it sit upside down for a bit and then fire it? Or should I immediately start firing it? Also, should I put the bottom plate back on after every treatment?

Well its been almost 12 hours and the shutter has not stuck once.

If you are genuinely interested in getting this camera back to like new as far as it working, send it to this guy. Link ---> Home He worked for Honeywell Pentax back in the day, and now has his own shop. If all it needs is a good cleaning and adjustment, he is pretty reasonable. I have an S1a coming in the mail, and if it needs work, he'll be getting it A S A P. His price for bringing the old screw mount Pentaxes back to life is $63. He comes HIGHLY recommended by all the film guys on Pentaxforums.com. Read through this thread.. http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...on/105296-pentax-repair-eric-hendrickson.html

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back