Got any tips for moving time lapse?

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i'm starting a small project of doing moving timelapses of buildings and statues. Do you have any tips or tricks for on the field to make life easier when doing this? I'm not going to use a Time-lapse Rail, it will all be done manually on a tripod.

are the building and statues moving ?

Where i live statues and buildings don't move. Think of my camera as the chickens head and my tripod as its body, the camera will be fixed on one part of the building while i'm moving the tripod to surround it with each shot.

for reference:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you drink enough the building and statues will move, at least by your perception they will.

Why not just start experimenting in a small part ... such as putting your camera on f/22, take a longer shot and move it .. that should give you a longer exposure ... and see what type of concept you are looking for.

you could always attach a camera to a chicken.

I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

Are you talking about moving camera trick like Match Moving? Having a camera locked on the subject while moving?

You are talking of time lapse here combining/using video and still photographs aren't you? Can't your software do it? I use Pro-Show Producers and I believe there are some other el cheapo softwares can do it to...

I'd hoped to get some tips, i'll just post it when i'm done combining the photographs.

Build a track around it. Put camera on motorized train on track, I'm such a way the statue is always dead center. Put the time laspe camera control module in another car...let it rip

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I am completely drained :pale: from the multiple shoots i've been doing all week long. All i can think about is to: count to 9 seconds, focus, recompose and shoot. I have achieved full camera synchronization and have become the camera. :flower:

Yes, very taxing to move the camera. Would you move a camera 10 centimeters to take 3 bracket shots for over 5 hours? The video at 2:37 mark was made that way. Read the comments to get an idea on how he made this video.

The 4k version:

Most reactions

Back