Got Eagle?

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
That's awesome pics. :)

The answer is no. Never gotten an eagle yet. How long did you get to see the eagle chasing the osprey? Is there a cool story, did they wrestle or tussle?

Once again super clear shots. Did you try any different techniques or settings with these? Yup, I am a sponge!

#2 is awesome! but all three shots are great :)

Nice shots. I take it that 200-500 holds up pretty well for fast moving objects?

, did they wrestle or tussle? Once again super clear shots. Did you try any different techniques or settings with these? Yup, I am a sponge!
I have another shot where the eagle is almost on top of the Osprey. There were 2 Young eagles that kept taking flight everytime an Osprey with a fish got close to them. This Osprey was like a jet fighter and would not let the Eagle win!

I think I finally got my fine tune under control. The part that has been really hard is the fine tune changes with distance. Under 100 feet, almost no adjustment is needed. Today I realized that I need to be between +7 and +10 at a distance.

I shot in manual with a shutter speed of 1/1250th and Stopped down to F7.1 and F8. I set auto iso to max out at ISO 800. I was talking to my friend that shoots a Canon 5dm3 and 5dm2 and I guess with Canon you can't use EC with auto ISO in manual mode. I was shooting at +.3 to .7 for the eagle to get better exposure and I dropped it down a little for the Ospreys so I wouldn't blow the whites. I decided I'm a big fan of manual now.

Nice shots. I take it that 200-500 holds up pretty well for fast moving objects?
I know I have had a love/hate relationship with my lens, but now that I realized the front focus thing, I am really happy again. I think it tracks really well, especially with the D300. If you loose focus it takes a second or so to retreat to minimum focus distance back out to infinity. It's screw driven but it might have a micro motor? I know it is faster than my friends old 80-400 and the older Nikon 300 F4 that I tried out last month...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back