Got my 40D today, but....

i have used an XTi on numerous occasions, but i own a 40D and once you get the hang of it it will be 100x easier to use the 40D. just give it time and ENJOY!!! its a great camera

Tiptoeing through the house, pushing the thing at ASA 3200, looking for darker, darker stuff to shoot. Even better - outdoors, bright sun, tracking my kids as they run by, set shutter priority at 125th to get legs blurring, and my 40D cheerfully says CLACK CLACK CLACK at 6FPS...

Clack? Maybe more of a SCHKLACK. A SKLICK? Whatever. Your experience may vary...

At $950, I love mine. I suspect you'll love yours too!

I've got a 30D and a 5D. I was at target the other day and picked up an XTi...boy did I hate it. I don't have a clue how you guys get by without two dials like the upper end cameras have. I hated that I'd have to go into a menu every time I wanted something. Also, not having my display on the top...ew. I'm glad I skipped over the XT line all together. Props to you that use it though.

That's why a lot of experienced photographers are very reluctant to switch cameras - once you know it, you really want to keep it as an extension of yourself, and not have to think about gear. It should be automatic.

Tiptoeing through the house, pushing the thing at ASA 3200, looking for darker, darker stuff to shoot. Even better - outdoors, bright sun, tracking my kids as they run by, set shutter priority at 125th to get legs blurring, and my 40D cheerfully says CLACK CLACK CLACK at 6FPS...

Clack? Maybe more of a SCHKLACK. A SKLICK? Whatever. Your experience may vary...

At $950, I love mine. I suspect you'll love yours too!

Beautiful Canon sounds via my interperetation:

XT/XTi - shnick wheea.......shnick weeea......shnick weeea

20D/30D - cluck .. cluck .. cluck .. cluck .. cluck

40D - shluck sluck shluck shluck shluck shluck

10D Mk III -dukudukudukudukudukudukudukudukudukuduku

sounds about right.....when you put her in the H mode she gets real fast:heart:

After handling the 40d and picking up the XTi it felt like I was playing with a toy camera. I've had mine for 4 months and I'm still discovering new things about it. I have yet to even mess with live view!

I feel like a complete idiot!!! It is sooooooooo much more complex than my Rebel XT. It is so different its almost discouraging, I became so quick at making quick changes with my XT that this will take some serious getting used to.

I guess I will read the manual tonight?!?!?!

Dont get me wrong, I am excited about it, but its a whole different ball game

Anybody run into this?? Yall can slam me this time its ok

Freedbaby

I just got my 40D also and being a newbie (as in just fell off the turnip truck) to photography, I can appreciate your dilemma here. Man! Tons of stuff to consider and fiddle with! Right now I'm mainly taking shots in "P" mode but also venturing out with some other setting adjustments. Just takes time to get the feel of it. It's an awesome camera tho! You'll love it!

-Jim :wink:

:lmao:

Did a wedding just before Christmas using my 40D that I had had about a month and my 350D with the 50mm 1.8 for casuals at the reception - It felt strange having to remember where things were on the 350D. Enjoy the 40D - You will really notice the difference and lack of noise in your images.

hehehe lol.. funniest post I've read here in a long time...

I had an XTi for a few weeks, then I had to move up because my XTi had a problem. I returned it and decided to stay away from the entire XTi line of cameras. I got the 40D as the "next model up".

The only thing I miss is the size of the XTi. I can't exactly put a Canon 40D in my pocket, but there are soooooo many features...

Needless to say the 40D stuck. This is the camera for me, but I could almost hear my bank scream with terror at the bill. (I also got 3-year extended warranty + free cleaning for the 40D)

I am still paying off my credit card. Maybe we can open a thread here on debt management. :)

Now that I am pretty used to it...I havent touched my poor XT.

I really thought that I would want to use the XT at work and the 40D for everything else.....NOT

Part of it may be me wanting to show off a little with my 40D at work:lol:

Freedbaby

Come back and tell us how you feel about it after about 1,000 or so shots.

(Sounds like you already got the bug. )

I love my 40D. They'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands. (Take a picture. It'd be easier!)

Part of it may be me wanting to show off a little with my 40D at work:lol:

Freedbaby

With all due respect, I would think it would be better to show off fantastic pictures you took with the camera and not the camera its self...

Anybody can BUY a camera, not everybody can USE one effectively.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back