Got my dream job, now to get my gear there safely!

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well its happened, after months of work I finally landed my dream job for this summer!

I'll be spending my entire summer living on, and diving off of, beautiful Catalina Island here on the California Coast, all while I pursue my Instructor rating with PADI. I'll be spending 8+ hours a day in the water 6 days a week, so there won't be a huge amount of free time, but when there is I plan on catching some stellar shots! As a result, I need a way of safely transporting my gear around the island and on boats, preferably in a waterproof/shockproof case. The problem? I'm on a college student budget, so I can't be spending more than $200.

Here's the gear I'll be moving:
Gripped Canon 600D
55-250mm
50mm
18-55mm
YN565

*I'll transport my tripod on my back, no need to have it in the case.*

I'll also need the case to be big enough to hold a 70-200 f/4 (or possibly f/2.8) for when I eventually swap out the 55-250, but small enough that it would preferably satisfy most airline carry-on regulations. That basically means I'm looking at about 22" x 14" x 9" being the preferred max size.I've been checking out a few of Pelican's cases since we use them a lot in the diving industry, but I wanted to see if anyone had alternate suggestions as well, or maybe wanted to contribute their personal experiences.

Any other general tips you might have for me would be awesome as well! My biggest target for the summer will be producing some quality astrophotography since the skies will be crystal clear, along with some great wildlife shots ;)

Thanks!

Toga

Last edited:
I just got a Pelican case and it rocks. Waterproof, shockproof and well priced. You cannot go wrong.

PADI DiveMaster myself, good deal, lot's of fun! I suggest you look at the Pelican brand boxes. I hold all my gear in a single water-tight box that floats if dropped in the ocean, not that would ever happen.

IMG_0406.jpg

PADI DiveMaster myself, good deal, lot's of fun! I suggest you look at the Pelican brand boxes. I hold all my gear in a single water-tight box that floats if dropped in the ocean, not that would ever happen.

IMG_0406.jpg

Awesome deal man! I can't wait to get my Instructor rating, talk about being able to work anywhere in the world!

What size Pelican is that and how much was it? It looks perfect!

You have a T4i?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Pelican case.

Most reactions

Back