Got one of these on the way... I am stoked!

BTilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
sc.jpg

Should be here this weekend!

Yup, 4x5. No lenses yet, that's the bummer part of it. Looking into those now, trying to decide a) what length I want and b) find that length for a reasonable price.

Congrats! It's good to see people still buying large format gear. I stopped using 35mm all together when I got my first 4x5. I still cheat on my beloved Graflex with 6x7 occasionally though.

Yup, 4x5. No lenses yet, that's the bummer part of it. Looking into those now, trying to decide a) what length I want and b) find that length for a reasonable price.

For a normal lens you need some 135mm to 150mm. A wide angle will be a 90mm (Super Angulon) and a tele would go around 250mm and higher. Make sure you get the right coverage though for the 4x5.

Congrats on the new addition and once you'll use it there's no turning back. Fair warning...:lol:

Yes I was actually thinking of a 135mm, being on the "slightly wide" side of a normal lens.

And thanks for the congrats everyone, like I said in the subject line... I am stoked!

Dont forget filmm holders, a loupe for focusing, and some kind of cover to help in focusing.

Congrats.

I think a normal would be on the 160-180 range as it would need to be slightly shorter than four times the 50mm normal length for 35mm photography. 130 would be along the lines of a 35mm lens in 35mm. 350mm would be similar in perspective to a 35mm 100mm lens.

So my "this weekend" estimate was a bit off... But it's out for delivery now! AND HERE I AM STUCK AT WORK! Rrrggghhh!

Woohoo it's here and it's awesome! I can't wait to actually get the rest of the stuff I need to shoot with it!

In the meantime use a pinhole.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back