Got ripped a new one for my first HDR try, how about the second try

SensePhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
BMW2-2.jpg

There is something weird happening between the trees and the sky. Other than that I like it. Love the car, it looks great.

There is something weird happening between the trees and the sky. Other than that I like it. Love the car, it looks great.

Thanks! Yeah im not sure whats going there

Why is photo weird looking?

Why is it crooked?

Overall I like most of the photo. I know almost nothing about HDR's, but I one thing I don't like is the extreme angle (though maybe you were going for some specific look). I think I'd really like if it were level, and the car was positioned more to the right side of the frame, leaving a little more space in front of the car.

When I tilt my laptop to about 45 deg, it looks great :lol:

Overall I like most of the photo. I know almost nothing about HDR's, but I one thing I don't like is the extreme angle (though maybe you were going for some specific look). I think I'd really like if it were level, and the car was positioned more to the right side of the frame, leaving a little more space in front of the car.

We were going for that look, here's a side shot of the car leveled..

bimmer.jpg

We were going for that look, here's a side shot of the car leveled..

"We were going for that look..."

Why?

I think it needs some lens flares, then perhaps a 2d morph into a tiger. ;)

LOL, I think I've lived through far to many digital fads.

b esides the angle there is a lot of halo in the sky, train car area.

Regarding the HDR creation, everything looks good except the sky. The sky looks horrible in both shots. Addressing other areas...composition needs as much work as the HDR processing in my opinion.

LOL, I think I've lived through far to many digital fads.

Amen to that.

The car is sexy and exciting. The setting and background is an excellent choice. The tilted frame works for me. Camera angle on the car and placement of the car in the frame -- well done. (Might benefit from a little crop off the right side). You've got all the elements of a fine photograph. You're seeing good and thinking good.

The tone-mapped HDR technique: When it was first done it was a thrill. Shortly afterward it became a cheap thrill. A couple years back now, it jumped the shark. It's new to you and so you should do it, but do not linger here for long.

Joe

Why are you posting in this forum section? It's not for critiques.

There is an HDR forum section specifically for:

HDR Discussions
High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDRI or just HDR) is a set of techniques that allows a greater dynamic range of luminances between light and dark areas of a scene.

The radical, excessive camera tilt in #1 isn't helping the basic image composition any, IMO.

Uh.. there's a train running through your car.

;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back