Got some portraits and a column published

Great stuff Dan and a well deserved congrats on being published. (PS- Editors get paid to edit ... they think they have to edit every story. They think that without their edits the story would fail. Way back when I was working news, I'd often leave some obvious mistakes for them to correct and then I'd hope they find them and then I hoped they'd get satiated on my plants and leave the rest somewhat intact.)

Beating a dead horse here, but well done! You picked some great examples shots to use in the article. The first one in particular is killer :)
Thank you! Keep beating that dead horse, I don't mind. :p

Great stuff Dan and a well deserved congrats on being published. (PS- Editors get paid to edit ... they think they have to edit every story. They think that without their edits the story would fail. Way back when I was working news, I'd often leave some obvious mistakes for them to correct and then I'd hope they find them and then I hoped they'd get satiated on my plants and leave the rest somewhat intact.)
Thats a really good idea, i'll try that with my next column. Thank you.

I am kinda late to the party on this. :apologetic:
This is super cool! You really do deserve this!!!:clap::clap::clap::wav:
I love you guys that take such incredible portraits only using natural light. Because for people like me, it is hard to get up the money for a camera and lenses, and there is no way I would have the money for lighting too! So knowing you can do work this great with natural like is wonderful!!!:Hail.sml::Hail.sml::Hail.sml:

I love you guys that take such incredible portraits only using natural light. Because for people like me, it is hard to get up the money for a camera and lenses, and there is no way I would have the money for lighting too! So knowing you can do work this great with natural like is wonderful!!!:Hail.sml::Hail.sml::Hail.sml:
As far as lighting goes, it really takes very little light in order to illuminate somebody to look really well. What's important is paying attention to the way the light is sculpting someone's face.

As far as lighting goes, it really takes very little light in order to illuminate somebody to look really well. What's important is paying attention to the way the light is sculpting someone's face.
And I have really been learning a lot of it from you and the other photographers on TPF! :)

GJ man. I have been following your work. I am pretty sure you can take awesome photos with just a phone camera. When you got it, you got it!

Nicely done, Dan ... congratulations, and I have to confess I envy you a little bit. You clearly work hard at the craft with terrific results ... and I hope you're rewarded by making it.

GJ man. I have been following your work. I am pretty sure you can take awesome photos with just a phone camera. When you got it, you got it!
Thanks man.
Nicely done, Dan ... congratulations, and I have to confess I envy you a little bit. You clearly work hard at the craft with terrific results ... and I hope you're rewarded by making it.
I attribute my skill to being completely obsessed. Aside from longboarding it's really all I can ever think about.
Congrats Dan. What is the name of the magazine?
Thank you. It's called Avari Magazine.
Avari Magazine Facebook

Most reactions

New Topics

Back