Got studio... Now what to do to fill it?

Gnat5680

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalnoirfilms.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so me and my friend are going into business together... We are hoping to get papers all filled out and legal this summer for a registered LLC...

We came across a great deal with another friend who is letting us use his space and all his equipment. So we moved in, brought our equipment, and we are at home there... we all work around each other and have 24/7 access... It's great!!!

BUT

The office area we are in used to be a laboratory and it lacks... Well, it just does not feel welcoming. It feels to industrial... What can we do to make it more like home?

We are slowly working on this cool idea I had for a wall, its made of lengths of wood and we dyed them bright colors.. once it is filled in it will look great. But for now, we need some cheaper solutions.. One catch is, We can't paint. Major killer for us.. But the basics are, We need to be ready to move out within a week if the place gets a better offer...

Anyone have any ideas?

But the basics are, We need to be ready to move out within a week if the place gets a better offer...

Anyone have any ideas?
A week?

It sounds like you have no contract for this space? And no business insurance? What happens if a client is injured during a shoot?

Yeah, a week is very short notice...

I don't think I would even want to operate out of a building that could kick me out at any time with no notice. (And a week pretty much is no notice at all.)

What would you tell your clients? How long would it take you to find another space for your studio?

It's sounds like it could potentially shut you down for a month or more.

As far as making it more homey, I like your wall idea. Maybe find some kind of tapestry or something to hang until it's finished...? That might cost more though...

Are you talking about for the 'studio' area, or the 'office' area?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back