got them!

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yep.. I overused my patience today... and my knees hurt ... but it was worth!

DSCF0474.jpg

2. weirdo pose...
DSCF0473b.jpg

DSCF0484b.jpg

DSCF0485c.jpg

5. and my favourites now... i had great light today...
DSCF0491b.jpg

DSCF0490b.jpg

DSCF0486b.jpg

Awesome!!!!!!! i am happy to see these shots, way to go!, and they look great!

only 1 tip.. try to get your camera as close to the water level as you can., it really makes a big difference. I know, sometimes it is impossible, but just remember, the lower the better.

congrats!

ohhhh yeeeesssss I love Mallards
1, 4 and 6 are my favorites
looks like you've had some nice weather in Poland

Raymond J Barlow said:
Awesome!!!!!!! i am happy to see these shots, way to go!, and they look great!

only 1 tip.. try to get your camera as close to the water level as you can., it really makes a big difference. I know, sometimes it is impossible, but just remember, the lower the better.
ohhh that's a good tip... I was kneeling there... but next time I'll end up in horizontal position....

mentos_007 said:
ohhh that's a good tip... I was kneeling there... but next time I'll end up in horizontal position....

thats it! Just imagine me 300 pounds.. (lots of kilos) crawling around in rocks and mud, or sand on a beach. My knees can't take it, but getting horizontal is no fun either!

Just like in portrait photography, the best shots are when you are just slightly above eye level. We can't always do it, but it is helpful when we can.

Ok Canucks.. we have another birder on the path!!

Very awesome lighting on the last few... Great shots!

Brilliant work Mentos. These are killer shots. right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you :)
and may I give a good tip too?
Remember to wear dark trousers... :p :p especially when you're going to kneel all the time :p and... wear gloves even if the weather looks nicely... today it was about 15 C... but my hands were very cold after almost an hour of siting and not moving...

mentos_007 said:
thank you :)
and may I give a good tip too?
Remember to wear dark trousers... :p :p especially when you're going to kneel all the time :p and... wear gloves even if the weather looks nicely... today it was about 15 C... but my hands were very cold after almost an hour of siting and not moving...

Great tip Mentos...and sometimes ya gotta take your trousers off....right Sir Ray:lol:

Chiller said:
Great tip Mentos...and sometimes ya gotta take your trousers off....right Sir Ray:lol:

Woo hoo! Naked Photography! Right up there with naked volleyball!:lol:

Anyway...these are really great shots, I especially like #1 and #3!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back