Got two photography jobs

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
Got a call today asking me to bail out a local college whose photographer bailed on them. So tommorrow I have to rush from work to photograph a baseball game and on wednesday I have to cover a lacrosse game. Pay is only $100 a game but thats cool. It should be fun. Its the first paying, non-wedding gig I've ever had. Wish me luck.

It's a start!

When you are making $10,000 per game and shooting for S.I., don't forget where you came from.

Just don't get distracted by any airplanes flying overhead ;-)
hehe :)

Congrats Scott!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I know you'll do just fine. :thumbup: And I agree, they'll call you back. :)

Enjoy it!

Well the first event was fubar, but luckily not even remotely related to me. I arrived at the baseball field at 3:15 for a 3:00 game, which was fine because I told them I wouldn't be able to get there until after 3:30pm. The game was in session but with my astute powers of observation I immediately realized that the DWC Mens baseball team would not have all women on the team or would they be playing softball. I called my client and left a message. He finally got back to me and informed me that the venue had changed to a field nearly an hour away. This was at 4pm. My client apologized and said to scrub the session.

SIDEBAR: Advice please, I left work half an hour early (which the client was aware of) and spent about $10 in gas not to mention nearly 2 hours of wasted time. What would you do? Charge them for the day? Charge a cancellation fee (like $25-$35)? Or just blow it off?

Hopefully todays event which is actually at one of the colleges, will go smoothly.

Scott WRG Editor said:
Well the first event was fubar, but luckily not even remotely related to me. I arrived at the baseball field at 3:15 for a 3:00 game, which was fine because I told them I wouldn't be able to get there until after 3:30pm. The game was in session but with my astute powers of observation I immediately realized that the DWC Mens baseball team would not have all women on the team or would they be playing softball. I called my client and left a message. He finally got back to me and informed me that the venue had changed to a field nearly an hour away. This was at 4pm. My client apologized and said to scrub the session.

SIDEBAR: Advice please, I left work half an hour early (which the client was aware of) and spent about $10 in gas not to mention nearly 2 hours of wasted time. What would you do? Charge them for the day? Charge a cancellation fee (like $25-$35)? Or just blow it off?

Hopefully todays event which is actually at one of the colleges, will go smoothly.

I'd say just leave it and bring it up in conversation at some other point. You presumably want the repeat business and the opportunities? It's fair for you to get paid, but you want the business, so maybe just try and bring it up friendly in conversation?

Rob

Most reactions

Back