graceful dance

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this is more of an experiment than anything...it's a shot of a ballet dancer that did a small recital type thing at a youth event. I know i kinda overdid the photoshopping for some people, but like i said...it was an experiment :). the original shot was really not worthy of use aside from documentation for the youth event, so i decided to fix it up a little (or alot). i kinda like both of these versions, but for different reasons. what are yall's preferences?

thedanceredit2-sm.jpg

thedanceredit2-smbw.jpg

I love the color one, the photoshopping is awesome... I understand how some of those events can KILL photos! :lol: Stupid lighting!

I'm sure (your friend?) will love this shot.

btw, by posting all these you're making me want to go out and buy a 20d today. :lmao:

I like the colour version, the processing and the crop.

That would be an absolutely amazing photo to use in an advertisment ad for, say, a ballet show or something. The name of the recital/show in a script font at the top would be perfect being the dancer is looking up to it...

LittleMan said:
I love the color one, the photoshopping is awesome... I understand how some of those events can KILL photos! :lol: Stupid lighting!/QUOTE]
Hey now... that kind of lighting is how I pay for this expensive photography hobby of mine. (Okay, I haven't done any dance stuff in a couple years, but still...)

thanks you guys! i doubt i'll ever use it for anything, as the focus was a little off and it's just kinda ugly (maybe not to us, but to most 'normal' people it probably is :))...but we'll see.

I forgot to mention in my previous, rambling post that I really love the image, and agree that it would make a great publicity image for a concert or other production. If I saw a poster with this image, I'd definately stop and see what it was for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back