Graduation Student - Art acadamy - HELLOOOO! :D

Bruggenwirth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, new to the forums..
I thought I'd join this forum to get to show off what I'm doing while I'm graduating art academy. Let me introduce myself,

My name is Jeroen Bruggenwirth, 24 and I'm living in the Netherlands.
Right now, I'm going to be graduating at the School of Arts in Utrecht after a 3 year course. In my endeavors I came across multiple disciplines in photography but always came back to landscapes and architecture. That's what I am focusing on in the last year and contiuing doing as my photography practice continues.

In the last 4 months I've been traveling across China as a internship with a Canadian photographer, Scott Conarroe. I learned a lot about landscapes and photography altogether and really anxious to leave this dull landscape of Holland and venture forth. In China I've done project called "Waterways" which is about rivers.. Pretty plain and simple to be honest. I just like the way a river flows and how relentless it can be even if it looks so quite and harmless a day before. I like the calmness more then the relentless factor though.
This will also be my graduation project in the upcoming year, I'm going to try and save up money so I can make small trips to Eastern Europe and capture the rivers over there..

I got a website, just finished re-designing it .. its Jeroen Bruggenwirth | Photographer and features four projects. Shape up, Nature vs. Industry, Waterway and China. Shape up is a documentation of Dutch playfields like soccer, baseball and horse riding. This is a on going project and will grow in size over the years (I hope). Nature vs Industry is about the intergration of industrial machines/factories with nature and vice versa. I think this is quite done and ready to sit on my website for a while. lol.

Waterways and China are, at the moment, the most precious projects I've done so far. Not only because they have a lot of value to me because it's something excotic but also because I'm the satisfied with these projects. I told you about Waterways and China is just a project that developed after selecting pictures back in the Netherlands. Not really sure what the main theme is in that project but I have the feel that it's more a documentation how I experienced China in those 3 months of traveling, vast but also very small if you zoom in.

Now, I shoot with a 4x5" field camera on color negatives, Kodak Portra 160NC. For now.. I don't know how long I can keep up with it because it's slightly disappearing but I really enjoy and LOVE shooting on 4x5". The camera I have is a Tachihara. This is it:
$Tachihara.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of all my projects for your viewing pleasure :)
$hospital-trainyard-mountains.jpg $houses-corridor-scooter.jpg $quarry-houses-mountains.jpg $trucks-at-river-2012.jpg $big-bridge-panzhihua-2012.jpg $serief3.jpg $serief1.jpg $docue10.jpg $docue5.jpg

I tried your website and it seems to broken on my computer. :(

I'm using the latest version of IE as well so idk if it's browser specific.

IE? wtf? Firefox or the chrome. IE is no bueno.

Nothing wrong with IE really... although I do prefer Firefox! I wouldn't use Chrome for nothing, though! ;)

All of the applications / servers I support are IE compatible... some will work with Mozilla, NONE work with Chrome! lol!

Whats funny is the OP's website works for me with IE or Firefox.. just tested it.

It is browser specific.. I had so many freaking troubles trying to get my website looking good and working on IE that I just dropped every, single, freaking, support! So to bad for IE users :p

IE? wtf? Firefox or the chrome. IE is no bueno.

They should bombard IE in all and just delete it from EVERY OS :p

Nothing wrong with IE really... although I do prefer Firefox! I wouldn't use Chrome for nothing, though! ;)

All of the applications / servers I support are IE compatible... some will work with Mozilla, NONE work with Chrome! lol!

The "only" thing wrong in IE is that nothing works what you want.. you should make a complete different website for IE users.. and to be honest.. I don't care :p

Most reactions

Back