Graffiti by a beginner.

sl0wkarate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm going to admit, I'm pretty new to taking photography seriously. I took this picture today after dropping my daughter off at her Mom's house. Thought to myself "Meh, that looks kinda cool." and just so happened to have the camera in the car. I left the photo unedited and just converted it to jpg.

$Graffiti.jpg

Tech Specs

Camera- Nikon D90
F-stop - f/5.3
Exposure - 1/500sec
ISO Speed - 100
Exposure Bias - 0 step
Focal Length - 66mm
Max Aperture - 4.8
Metering Mode - Pattern
Subject Distance - 2.8m
35mm Focal Length - 99mm
Exposure Program - Manual
Saturation - High Saturation
Sharpness - Hard
White Balance - Auto
Digital Zoom - 1

Well there you have it, I'm kind of looking for any critiques or pointers I can get since I'm mostly just wandering around in the dark when I shoot heh. Thanks in advance for you time :)

snapshot, the car distracts me. Nothing is making me like it really. Color is flat in the graffiti

hmmm.... i find some issues... like

Placing the subject at the center
Not well lighted
Background dominates
The very graffiti is not much powerful....

I, in no way mean to discourage; hope you take these in the right sense

All the Best

Regards :D

So as stated above, the picture is just a snapshot. Kinda obvious since you mentioned it in your OP. I think that you should continue taking pictures of things you find interesting, but try to apply some technique to them. I would recommend getting some books on photography and apply what you learn to your future pictures. Here is a link to some knowledge. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-forum/267492-info-those-new-photography.html <-- Bookmark it, read it, love it!

Whew, couldn't say that I didn't expect that haha. Had some reservations about posting stuff yet. But! Only one way to get better and that's to take more pictures and have people knock on em haha. Thank you for the critiques guys, and thanks for the link Espike! Since I've got time today looks like I'll be reading hah.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back