Grafitti, Murals, Scribblings on Hamburg Walls

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a collection of "fassade decorations" I detected while wandering around parts of Hamburg (tried to also go to the much less touristy parts this time):

128758459.jpg

128758452.jpg

(The only Leica shot of the series, i.e. film -> print -> scan)

128758447.jpg

128758449.jpg

128758451.jpg

128758455.jpg

128758454.jpg

Wow, Corinna, looks like you wandered into a very 'bohemian' part of town there! :) What did these shops used to be before they closed down? Tattoo parlours or something?

I like these shots, particularly #2, for the guy on the bike, #4, 6 & 7. Nicely done :)

Two and Three, they could be anywhere in Europe if not in the world. This doesn't look like Germany to me. I thought it was such a clean country. You've just destroyed my illusions! Your tourist board won't be very happy with you. :)

Interesting shots, thanks again for more views of your country.

neat series corinna! so colorful!
i love what you see in the second shot ... sweet perspective and color.. the man adds to all of that
thanks for sharing:)

Outstanding photos ! I love all the colors and the art. You really captured them all very crisp. Very nice Lafoto !

Thanks so much, all of you :goodvibe:
So sorry to have burst your bubble, alexecho. Ever so sorry.
The tourist board will never put any of these AREAS even into their brochures ... though that is not quite true. St. Pauli (which is where most of these were taken) is a very well-known area of Hamburg!
As to the row of houses captured in Photo 2 I doubt it will be there for very much longer. Many of those houses are practically empty these days (at least they made this impression on me - I think I got a pic of the rear part of this house, too). The shops/parlours in there were ... I don't know? Pubs? Tattoo parlours - possibly...?

Amazing series Corinna. The colours are great.
It is funny how we get to see other parts of the world through the forum, and even if it is so far away, there are scenes that are like our own home.
We have areas that are covered in graffitti here too. It always makes me wonder who did it, or when, cause they never seem to get caught.

Wow....these are all so beautifully vivid and revealing.....If it is ok with you I would like to forward these to my sons..............they will love them as much as I do! They are both artists and some of their work is very much like these. Great job Corinna! : )

Oh yes, of course you may forward these to your sons. I feel honoured (more so should the graffiti-artists, but - as Chiller is saying - they are hardly known in most cases).

Nice series. Although I find some of the artwork more interesting than others, my favorite shot here is #1 :thumbup: I think it's the framing with the harsh metal window covering. Really helps add that gritty urban feel to the graffitti. Maybe just crop off that tiny bit of brick at the top.

I have to say I always adore people's captures of grafitti, even though the art is already on the wall, there's something about the shots taken that add something to the whole scene. I really can't explain it any better than that, needless to say your captures are excellent. They're colourful, vibrant and really give a sense of the atmosphere there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back