Grain, Grain, Go Away

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Whyyyyyyyyyy is there so much grain!!!???? OTE! I totally screwed this photo up lol Ok, going back to the drawing board haha.

lanbw1.jpg

not sure what you're complaining about, as I would consider this a very clean image. try shooting at iso 3200 and underexpose by two stops then pull it back up in PS...now THAT's noise :)

MommyOf4Boys said:
lol yall dont see it around his chin, neck, and mouth? ok, maybe it is just me LMAO. I shot it with my D50, 50mm 1.8D and was trying out a new black and white technique I learned.

that's just plain old luminance noise. if you've looked at the fullres image, it will look worse in that than it does to us on this web version. I would definitely not worry about the amount of noise in that picture.

What is happening is the further we are from you, some of the grain is filtered throgh the web. So, anyone below the Mason-Dixon line, and cetainly in the Mississippi delta region will see more grain than, say... someone in Chicago.

Seriously though, I think what I'm seeing may be a result of the high contrast. There's a minimal amount of noise. Nice shot!

Pete

I dont see noise either hun... Its a great image...

there are a lot of noise reduction programs that might be able to help whatever it is your seeing, but it looks pretty clean to me... i have only ever tried neatimage, but it seems to work pretty well.

I think it looks great.. I wish I could get my boys to sit still long enough to take a photo like that!!

Most reactions

Back