Grain, Grain, Go Away

Christie Photo said:
What is happening is the further we are from you, some of the grain is filtered throgh the web. So, anyone below the Mason-Dixon line, and cetainly in the Mississippi delta region will see more grain than, say... someone in Chicago.

Seriously though, I think what I'm seeing may be a result of the high contrast. There's a minimal amount of noise. Nice shot!

Pete

HA! That really made me laugh out loud..too funny Pete

AprilRamone said:
I think the shot looks great as well. Care to share the new B&W technique you were trying out?
-April

I usually do either the Gradient Map or the Channel Mixer conversion, but on this one I wanted to try something different, so I did New Layer Adjustment>Hue/Saturation click OK, set mode to Color, then again New Layer Adjustment>Hue Saturation - fully desaturate - click OK. Go back to the one you set to Color and mess around with the Hue. You can also change the different colors like RGB hues. I then Did another New Adjustment Layer>Channel Mixer and played around in there and then into curves to give it that little extra contrast it needed.

dont see the problem here, like everyone has said, this is a nice photo.

Besides, whats wrong with a little bit of grain sometimes? Grain can look really good on a black & White shot :)

this is probably my favorite shot that ive seen on this site.

this is an absolutely fantastic shot!! yes, there is a bit of grain noticeable around the chin, but doesnt bother me and wouldnt have noticed it unless you said...really, just a fantastic shot!!!!!

I think this shot looks wonderful...

thebeginning said:
not sure what you're complaining about, as I would consider this a very clean image. try shooting at iso 3200 and underexpose by two stops then pull it back up in PS...now THAT's noise :)
:lol: Oh yeah, I don't even want to think about that kind of grain!! Makes me want to scream!

Barely any grain, love this shot. =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back