Grand Canyon - North Rim

Hokiehall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
grandcanyon00-424.jpg

Nice picture, but its a little over processed. It doesn't look like a photograph anymore.

I love the purply-pink colour to the rocks, and the way the river shows up so well. Beautiful.

At what time of day was the shot taken?

I love the purply-pink colour to the rocks, and the way the river shows up so well. Beautiful.

At what time of day was the shot taken?

Thanks. It was taken near mid day, which is when we happened upon this point.

The Grand Canyon is one of my favorite places to photograph....:thumbup:

Nice picture, but its a little over processed. It doesn't look like a photograph anymore.
I think that the purple takes away from the photograph, but i really like the framing.

I actually think the heavy processing works well, the way it fades off in the distance works with the unrealistic sort of color it has. i like it.

Thanks for the comments. I won't learn anything otherwise. For a reference point, this is the original, untouched photograph, other than some cropping of the sky.

grandcanyon00-424a.jpg

Personally, I like it after the PP. Then again, I tend toward the surreal. The purple hue makes it look a little more magical to me.
But, just playing devil's advocate, the shot might also look interesting with a warming filter applied. Either way, very nice! :)

What gear was used to shoot this?

We are planning a return visit either this year or next to that area and I will be bringing my digital camera and hope to get some really good shots. Most of my landscapes were taken before digital became popular and I have been scanning and working on the old prints. It will take a lot of time and $$ to return to all the places I want to return to so I can get true digital images.

The North Rim is a tough area to get good shots at some angles... Expecially in winter lwhen the sun is directly in your face..

Most reactions

Back