Grand Canyon Sunset Series

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
5 shots of the same scene taken over 33 minutes.

1. 6:03 pm
600-5749.jpg

2. 6:14 pm
600-5759.jpg

3. 6:22 pm
600-5769.jpg

4. 6:31 pm
600-5779.jpg

5. 6:36 pm
600-5784.jpg

Ultimately, these 5 along with the other 50 in the series will be incorporated into a screen saver promo. I've been regreting that they were shot in automatic mode and didn't get the depth or color there should have been. Live a little, learn a little I guess.

These are nice. it'd be cool to see them all kind of like those people you know where that wear those suits that do the shots over a few hours and than play it back on those things and they all go WOW!!!

Sw1tchFX, I somehow don't quite get what you are saying here, but I get the "These are nice" part, and I can only agree! It is a wonderful series, like a very slow film, and the change of colours comes out so well.

Nice series of shots - I like the idea of the changing colours/contrast

As you say a smaller aperture would have made these even better, the auto setting looks to have kept it wide open, aperture/manual modes make a big difference for landscapes

simon

Very neat.
I love the colors and how drastically they change through out the series

Thanks all!

Sw1tchFX, I somehow don't quite get what you are saying here, but I get the "These are nice" part, and I can only agree! It is a wonderful series, like a very slow film, and the change of colours comes out so well.
I'm talking about those videos where there are a bunch of stills taken of say, a sunset and you can see the progression.

Nice series, I like the play of light in these.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to trying this in Death Valley later this week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back