Granny Smith

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot this candid of my grandmother, (almost 90.) Time is short for her, and I was very glad to have the opportunity to grab a few frames. I got a few shots of her with my daughter, and a 4 generation picture of all of us--and she's got her happy picture smile on. But, I caught this when she wasn't looking, more of a pensive mood. My mom doesn't like it--because it makes her cry.... The flannel coat she's wearing is my grandfather's--he died in 1993.

GrannySmith.jpg

I eventually want to get this printed, so any comments would be more than welcomed.

Love this photo! The last time I saw my grandmother she was lying in a hospital bed and not at all with us.. In her own little word I Guess.. We live 12 hours away .. The moment I walked in and started talking she came out of that state of mind.. Talked ot us and got to meet the baby for the first time. :) THe entire next day she was lively and looking good.. Talking to us and all.. :)

After I left it started to go down hill again.. Wish I could have stayed longer to be with her.. But I couldnt.. I Wish I had taken pictures, however, I couldnt find it in my heart to take them while she was like that.. BE Very glad you got these pictures now!! :)

Awesome image. I think the printed version will look really amazing. Great job !!!

Holly said:
Love this photo! The last time I saw my grandmother she was lying in a hospital bed and not at all with us.. In her own little word I Guess.. We live 12 hours away .. The moment I walked in and started talking she came out of that state of mind.. Talked ot us and got to meet the baby for the first time. :) THe entire next day she was lively and looking good.. Talking to us and all.. :)

After I left it started to go down hill again.. Wish I could have stayed longer to be with her.. But I couldnt.. I Wish I had taken pictures, however, I couldnt find it in my heart to take them while she was like that.. BE Very glad you got these pictures now!! :)

I agree with Holly.

This is a beautiful shot; she looks contemplative and content. Like Holly, my last memories are of my grandmother in her bed at the nursing home. It was awful. No matter how many pictures I see of her from my childhood, I still have images of her in the nursing home burnt into my mind. Be glad that she is happy and able to see 4 generations!

Thanks for sharing...makes me think of my grandma and that makes me happy.

I'm with Woodsac ... the story makes it that much sweeter!

Aprilraven and I ... our paternal grandfather is 96 this month ... still walks, drives, cooks and cleans ... even keeps a garden.

It is certainly a blessed family to have them around for so many years.

anicole said:
I'm with Woodsac ... the story makes it that much sweeter!

Aprilraven and I ... our paternal grandfather is 96 this month ... still walks, drives, cooks and cleans ... even keeps a garden.

It is certainly a blessed family to have them around for so many years.

That's how my grandfather was. He died at 97 in 1993 from a stroke he suffered in 1992. Until that time he irrigated, cut, and baled hay on the family farm. The stroke didn't kill him--not being able to get outdoors and work in the sunshine is what did him in.

Most reactions

Back