grant submission and need advice!!!

meesh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I recently switched my majors to photography and I plan on applying for a school stipend that will let me exhibit my project when i graduate. Anyway, my project proposal is very personal and I'd love to have the opportunity to develop it; however, I'm still in the process of getting together an academic cv, proposal, and portfolio. I'm not currently taking any photography classes (I was at my fine art class limit), so I'd really appreciate if anyone here can give me some pointers. I'd love it if you can reply here or send me a pm so that I can send you what i have so far. Thanks so much for your time!!!!

Well I do know not many people on this forum have college degrees in photography they either are just really good or switched jobs or are hobby photographers.

Maybe someone will see this so good luck. BTW have you ever considered a business major so you could learn how to run your own photography business and make more money?

Greetings Meesh,

I've had a little experience with grants in my field and have discussed/received advice from my peers on the process.

The most important thing I have learned is that the jurors are faced with wading through quite a few proposals, the more brief and precise you can be could result in a positive outcome.

Don't pile the bullsh*t too high and keep the art speak to a minimum :)

Good luck.

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

Back