Grapevine

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The light shining through the grapevines was divine today so I took a few shots, this is my favourite :)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

The light through the leaves is nice, but the extreme whites around it don't work for me. Too harsh and unnatural making it look pasted onto a white background. A tight macro on one of the leaves filling the frame would make use of the nice light coming through.

Thanks Tony, I did do a couple closeups but wasn't happy with them :( I actually chose to desaturate the blue sky and make it white because originally my plan was to convert the shot to black and white, with the blue sky it really dulled the shot, after I did the colour processing I quite liked the green better than the conversion. The white background is a look I don't mind but I know some don't like it much at all.

Clicking on the photo and seeing it with a black border helps it look better than all white on the page, I didn't do that earlier.

Thanks for taking another look Tony! Yes the black background does make a significant difference.

This is nice PR. It does need a border for posting though.
Without it, you get no sense of composition.

Love the detail in the leaves. B&W would look nice as well I imagine.

Thanks Sleist, yes this is in desperate need of a border of some description to display on white. I did do a conversion to B&W and its quite nice also, it's on my Flickr ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back