Graphic Card Question Help ASAP

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently got a 19" wide screen monitor with a resolution of 1440x900 My current VIA/S3 Unichrome IGP card does not support this resolution I have heard I can downoad a driver but that does not work right, does anyone know what I need to doto get this monitor working correctly?

The monitor should work at lower resolutions?

Until then if the new driver doesn't support this res, you may need to buy a cheap graphics card that does. You don't need anything too powerful. Speak to a local PC repair guy and I'm sure he'd be able to source and fit something.

that is his video card...its integrated

You'll have to get a driver from VIA or your computer manufacturer, although I can't say for sure whether it's going to support that resolution.

Do you know what motherboard you have? If not, what is manufacturer and part number of your PC?

But this is the Motherboard card, not the video one. Often this kind of problem is caused by the Video card.

Many cheaper boards use "integrated graphics" on the mobo itself. So you don't need to add a separate video card. They are generally poorer performers than dedicated cards.

Many of us don't require the bells and whistles that a dedicated card provides. Email, word and preadsheets don't tax a video card too much. Throw on a 3D gamne though and the game won't even start or perhaps as in this case use a high res monitor and the integrated video won't be able to run at the required resolution.

Most reactions

Back