Grasshopper Closeup

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time using the D70s / Sigma 105mm macro. Way different and not as forgiving as the D3300. Can't really view the detail in preview which is tough, lot of misses. Just another camera to learn how to use I suppose. The controls and dial layout are way better than the D3300, as is the viewfinder. Love that there are two dials, one for aperture, and one for shutter. Like the LCD on the top, makes thing quicker. Better feel in my hand as well. I guess this confirms a D7200 is my next body, not sure on the dial layout of the D500, have to look that up.

DSC_0441e.jpg

DSC_0437e.jpg

I really like the second one. Perhaps my mind is just in the gutter but I can't get over what looks like a grasshopper grasping a giant wiener in the first.:playful:

Thanks. Don't see the beef...lol

Like I said my mind is in the gutter. I got a shot of a jumping spider on an orchid a while back I thought it might be a good one then I got into LR and all I could see was a slightly out of focus spider sitting atop some sort of genitalia. lol
I do really the like the second one though. What kind of flash setup can camera setting did you use for these?

Like I said my mind is in the gutter. I got a shot of a jumping spider on an orchid a while back I thought it might be a good one then I got into LR and all I could see was a slightly out of focus spider sitting atop some sort of genitalia. lol
I do really the like the second one though. What kind of flash setup can camera setting did you use for these?

No flash, that's the sun spot in the eye. Clear sky's, high noon, directly at my back.

Ah I see. Nice, good job!

I like them both, #1 a bit better as the DOF slice is spot on.

You'd really like the d7x00 setup much better, plus the other advanced focusing features etc.
The D500, instead of ISO, quality and other buttons on the left are on the top left. I prefer the "pro" interface after I tried a D700 a few years ago (d500, d8x0 and up).

I'll have to admit I had one of those "WTH" is he on moments when I saw the first image. They're both good shots, but #1 is my choice, #2 would be my choice, if the rest of the grasshopper was in the image.

Ah I see. Nice, good job!

I like them both, #1 a bit better as the DOF slice is spot on.

You'd really like the d7x00 setup much better, plus the other advanced focusing features etc.
The D500, instead of ISO, quality and other buttons on the left are on the top left. I prefer the "pro" interface after I tried a D700 a few years ago (d500, d8x0 and up).

I'll have to admit I had one of those "WTH" is he on moments when I saw the first image. They're both good shots, but #1 is my choice, #2 would be my choice, if the rest of the grasshopper was in the image.

Thanks y'all.

Nice sharp details and a decent ratio. Very well taken.

Danny.

great photos, those are really nice

Most reactions

Back