Grassshopper

I like the photo too but as someone said, it's too bad that it had to be overshadowed by the politics of this forum.

Texas_Diver said:
Maybe he's busy getting a new attitude and becoming a non-a$$hole?? Just a possibility.

That's not politics, that's just being an ass. Please leave it be....

And Almo, sorry this had to happen on your thread. Sometimes people just don't think of others and what they are trying to learn when they try and get their worthless comments in. Don't let it be a deterrent from posting in this forum.

As for the picture, I agree with what Corry said about it looking almost human but I thought it was looking like a salute. :D

Rich, lush colors and a subject willing to pose so nicely.

You've been living a buggy existence lately, Almo.

Tuna

I guess it all depends on what you were after actually.

Fairly nice enviro type shot, but still seems to be a bit on the soft side throughout the entire image.
Where did you focus at? Seems to be more on the blade of grass/stem that the hopper is sitting on rather than the hopper itself.
Overall, it feels a tad busy for my taste.
The use of selective focusing methods really works well with shots like this.

Still a cool shot of this little guy! :)

Michael Brown said:
I guess it all depends on what you were after actually.

Fairly nice enviro type shot, but still seems to be a bit on the soft side throughout the entire image.
Where did you focus at? Seems to be more on the blade of grass/stem that the hopper is sitting on rather than the hopper itself.
Overall, it feels a tad busy for my taste.
The use of selective focusing methods really works well with shots like this.

Still a cool shot of this little guy! :)

Thanks!

It was quite windy actually, so he was swaying. I'm lucky that he is in any kind of focus. All the others were blury.

dof is good but would have liked to have seen a little more. colors are good and the softness works well. gotta love the expression!

you from jax? i noticed the independent life buidling on your website. i lived on the east side a few years.

Aside from apperant politics of tpf. Great work. Seems a tad busy...but for never having tried to capture one myself...I can't say that I would be able to produce the quality you have here

core_17 said:
Now the photo...not sure what critique I can provide, but I do really like this shot! He almost looks human in his stance/expression!

He actually looks like one of the grasshopper's from the kids movie 'A Bug's Life' Hopper or whatever his name is. :mrgreen:

Seriously though ... I like the detail on the grasshopper and the blades of grass in the foreground ... I too however find the background to be a tad too busy.

it's nice but personally i would have liked a little more dof, the back leg is kinda blurry and also a bit more sharpness, better yet crispness of the insect (these jpeg artifacts kinda ruin it a bit).

it's a good shot, but unfortunatelly nothing big. there can be better, experience and thou shalt make even better photos :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back