Gravensteen Castle - Ghent, Belgium

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few photos taken from one of my favorite subjects on our European tour.

Cc always welcome!

9271161747_5ca056846a_b.jpg
[/URL] Gravensteen Castle - Ghent by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

9271150181_f76b182e54_b.jpg
[/URL] Ancient times by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

9271148195_173550a9ec_b.jpg
[/URL] Ancient Arches by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

9271143147_2282df676c_b.jpg
[/URL] Forbidden by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

The arches are ace!

The first I want to like but I feel like the lens distortion hurts at bit.

The other two are good.

Thanks Runnah!

The first is there mainly to give you an idea of what the outside looks like.
That castle was built in 1190 by count Philip of Alsace. They had some crazy torcher chambers with photos and actual devices they used to torcher people. It was quite mind boggling to try and understand how hard life must have been back then.

It was quite mind boggling to try and understand how hard life must have been back then.

I imagine cell service was terrible.

It was quite mind boggling to try and understand how hard life must have been back then.

I imagine cell service was terrible.

It would have been brutal. The worst of them were kept in the cellars where all of the "toilets" of the castle dumped down to. If the torchering didn't kill you then what ever you would catch down there sure would.

#1 seems framed a little tight on the right side. I wish you would have had better light the day you were there.

The inside shots are choice!

#1 seems framed a little tight on the right side. I wish you would have had better light the day you were there.

The inside shots are choice!

Thanks Designer!

I didn't have much to play with on the right side as it was a street with electrical wire for the tramways and it didn't really "fit" with the castle.

I like the photo of the ancient arches because of the multiple arches and how they transect each other.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back