gravesite

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
stopped by the former chief justices' gravesite yesterday. the strong shadow and sky gave me a sense of power fitting for this gentleman

36300724-L-1.jpg

:thumbsup: The lighting works well here.

Wonderful image JonMikal, digging this one a bunch. The clouds, comp and converstion are great, but what takes it over the edge for me is the long shadow of the head stone, it seems symbolic somehow. I have also been appreaciating how your using minimal light in your photographs and isolating the subjects, tricky to do and your pulling it off very well.

Raymond J Barlow said:
very cool shot Jon, did you use a fill flash?? Also, why is the flag at half mast?

i purposely underexposed to emphasize the clouds then lightened the stone in PS. i knew if shot this without the adjustment i'd loose the sky.

flags are at half mast because of Katrina

thanks guys.

thanks photobug. there's a section of the arlington national cemetary reserved for supreme court justices. it's located to the right just below kennedys grave.

Ah, I suspected so. Didn't look familiar, but it's been 25 years since I was there.

DC is on our list of vacation locations & it's getting near the top. Momma wants to see the cherry blossoms & the Wall wasn't even up yet when last I visited, so there's lots I need to see as well.

The sky looks power fitting not just for this gentleman but for everyone who has
passed on

i like your exposure here... works well :thumbsup:
neat shot :D

Looks kinda like George Romero pic...pretty cool..."NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIE JUSTICE!"

LWW

Most reactions

Back