Pirate Neilsouth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pirateneilsouth.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3768850568_b9e2ed46f2_o.jpg

Perhaps the most well-known encumbant of the Vicarage of Herne was Nicolas Ridley who is noted for the “Te Deum” to be sung in English for the first time. He may more often be remembered, as the then Bishop of London, for being burned at the stake in Oxford, along with Bishop Latimer. He was eventually accused and convicted of heresy in 1555 although unfortunately, throwing his support behind the attempt by Lady Jane Grey to become the Queen of England two years earlier had obviously not helped his cause. Prior to his death, he wrote several letters in which he fondly remembered his time at Herne.

There are several fine 15th and 16th Century brasses in this Church. These are memorials to; Lady Fineux, the wife of the Chief Justice of the King’s Bench, John Darley, a former Vicar at Herne, Lady Phelip, whose husband supplied the jewels for the coronation of Edward IV, Peter Halle and his wife and the family of John Atte Sea.

Last edited:
Wow! *Picks jaw off of lap* LOL!! This is a wonderful photo....very dramatic. I love the tones.

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

Sorry buddy. Couldn't help myself.

Edit = Seriously, very nice photo again and thanks for the history lesson/guided tour.

Nice shot! I wish the modern house wasn't on the right though, but I can see where you'd have had to sacrifice some headstones otherwise. Okay ---is it just me or does anyone else see faces in the front 4 headstones?.... Seriously... My sightings are below:

stone closest to church - head shape middle portion [light area] of stone -oval head shape and ears...

next stone to right of it -half way down an angel facing left with hands folded.

stone in middle - eyes and mouth

stone on far right is a bit harder to see it, but its there if you look long enough - this was actually the second one I saw.

Forgive me, for I have been straing at the computer screen all day ;):lol:

...but its there if you look long enough - this was actually the second one I saw.

Only see one on the third stone from the left. Animal like face.

But if I look long enough I'm sure I'll still plenty of weird stuff. :lol: Not unusual with stones though. Stone walls do the same to me.

I like the processing you used...really give it an 'old world' flavour.

Is this HDR and then converted to b&w?

:lmao:

Sorry buddy. Couldn't help myself.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I was like WTF! and then i saw the reply , Nice ! :lmao:

Is this HDR and then converted to b&w?

Nope i rarely do HDR anymore , this image had highlight contrast , midtone contrast and shadow contrast edited in seperate layers to bring out the detail. It does look HDR but it's not :thumbup:

Thankyou everyone once again for your compliments

Nope i rarely do HDR anymore , this image had highlight contrast , midtone contrast and shadow contrast edited in seperate layers to bring out the detail. It does look HDR but it's not

That sounds interesting. Maybe you should do a tutorial/article on your technique for the forum if there isn't one already. That is the kind of stuff I am here for after all since I'm brand new to digital.

Cheers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back