Graveyard photoshoot w/ the new sigma 8mm... C&C PLEASE

I look forward to seeing some

hdrtree.jpg

So you took three or more exposures then...I see.

I don't like the above. It makes me feel queezy. These are, as you said, test shots, and they look as such.

And by the way, lash diffusers are generally a load of...*ahem*. They're not worth the money. Light scoops? Sure, because you're also bouncing off another surface. Bounce flash can be awesome. Flag it and you get beautiful directional light. But a diffuser like the Gary Fong Torpedo Mk III, or LumiQuest Softbox, or StoFen softboxes, provide very little real improvement. If you want to get soft light out of a Speedlite, you're going to have to use an umbrella, softbox (a real one), beauty dish (okay, that's getting on the harder side of things), or similar. (This is my opinion, but I've got two LumiQuest diffusers in my bag that I haven't taken out since I got my Vertex, and that's because the Vertex gives me control where the diffusers are limiting.)

I think i'm doing something wrong because all the ones i've taken by actually doing several exposures and bracketing and what not, always come out looking bad. These ones actually look pretty decent in my opinion

then it's the tonemapping look you like...:D
either that or your multiple exposures arent capturing the range you need.

i do like the one of the room in your other thread though :thumbup:

Everyone else was saying it wasn't that good...Should I not be in manual mode when I'm doing the bracketing? should I maybe be in aperture priority?

NO!! Don't go to ap. Your camera should take 3 shots when ab no ?

Everyone else was saying it wasn't that good...Should I not be in manual mode when I'm doing the bracketing? should I maybe be in aperture priority?

No, that'll change your DOF. You can use AEB if you'd like. Whenever I use AEB, I do it by 2 full stops each way then another set of 1. However; I'm terrible at HDR and have only had 1 successful attempt out of many.

Go manual, set your increments to 1/2 stop, and it's a piece of cake. Snap, click, click, snap, click, click, snap, etc...

I didn't realize you had two threads, I suppose I'll move my comment over to this more active one instead:

Personally, I think there is a place and time for fisheye lenses, and I don't think this was one of them. Also, they kind of just look like snapshots, that happen to have a fisheye view on them.

Not trying to be harsh, and perhaps people have other imput/disagree, but that's just my personal opinion.

I do, however, think you should go back and try with a less wide lens- places like this can make for wonderful shots!

I'd agree, this wasn't the best place for this lens. But I just bought it and I saw the cemetery on the way home and the sun was about to go down, so I decided to walk through real quick and take some pictures.

Most reactions

Back