Great Article

That was an interesting article. I can't believe the number of images they expect to shoot and go through in such a short time. But when Time is Money, you got to be fast!

Ah, yes, I read this article in that issue a week or so ago. Pretty intense.

The lack of Nikons depressed me though.

I bet they go through bodies pretty fast, gettin' them so wet and whatnot. I've seen a fair few photographers get wiped out on the sidelines. They are always trying to save their equipment HAHA. Some of them would probably take a helmet to the balls to save their lens.

Canons have ruled big sports photography for years now, because of the quality of their long lenses and the fact that if you show up at a game with a camera whose lens is not white they other photographers will call you a little wuss and give you a wedgie.

I bet they go through bodies pretty fast, gettin' them so wet and whatnot. I've seen a fair few photographers get wiped out on the sidelines. They are always trying to save their equipment HAHA. Some of them would probably take a helmet to the balls to save their lens.
Actually, those bodies are almost indestructible. In the article, someone from Canon said that they only had reports of two cameras stop working...(there was probably several hundred photographers, each with multiple cameras) and that was because the photographer let rain get in though the card slot, when it dripped off of their rain coats. Canon 1 series bodies and most L lenses are weather sealed and rain isn't going to hurt them.

Actually, those bodies are almost indestructible. In the article, someone from Canon said that they only had reports of two cameras stop working...(there was probably several hundred photographers, each with multiple cameras) and that was because the photographer let rain get in though the card slot, when in dripped off of their rain coats. Canon 1 series bodies and most L lenses are weather sealed and rain isn't going to hurt them.

What about the lenses? Like, I wonder if the lenses ever get crushed by people.

Nice Article. Amazing how Canon has dominated sports. Larger files arent helping. Maybe they should go back to 2 megapixel cameras and get the new wireless SD card. LOL

Well, I'm sure that some do get damaged...but Canon L lenses are also known to be made like tanks.

Besides, the photographers probably don't own the gear they are using...the new outfits probably do...and everything will be insured.

Nice Article. Amazing how Canon has dominated sports. Larger files arent helping. Maybe they should go back to 2 megapixel cameras and get the new wireless SD card. LOL

Maybe they should all get Nikon D2Hs, what are those, 4 megapixels?

Then again, the technology required to send files over long distances, damn, what's that called...the internet! Right, the internet, that'll be getting faster too, I think. Technology just never stops improving.

Internet whats that? Is that something Al Gore invented?

Most reactions

Back