Great Blue Herron?

Marctwo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.marctwo.co.uk
First time I've seen one of these. I'm so glad I got a decent shot of it. :)

herron.jpg

Hey this is one good photograph, love to see well placed shadows in a picture, really makes the heron stand out. Outstanding. I have never seen a heron shot in which looks like an urban setting.

This must be the heron then:

crow.jpg

What is all this about crows, anyway?

Thanks for the comments John E. Your impression is right - this is a park but it's very built up and busy; The last place you'd expect to see a heron.

Yep the last is a heron if I ever saw one.:) I notice your quite new, the crow thing is kinda of a real long story. The short of it is, it started with people trying to capture crows in a grave yard and expanded from there.

Really good crow shot also. How did you get such good detail on the feathers of the crow? I have been taking pictures of bears and ravens and the only way I am getting any detail is overexposing the rest of the scene, it's really bumming me out. I know where some bears are hangin out and I plan on going there soon .

Still digging the heron shot.

Cheers Raymond. :)

John E. said:
How did you get such good detail on the feathers of the crow?
I know what you mean. Most of my crows end up looking like an underexposed black blur. :(

There're only two things that work for me:

1. Get really close in (difficult)

2. Shoot when the sun catches them just right (9 times out of 10 they still look terrible. :lol: ).

both cool shots :D
nicely done :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back