Great gallery idea.....at least I think so

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started to work on this months P.O.T.M. contest and have decided to put a lot into this month as I have yet to receive any votes in the last three contests, :er:.....I'm not going to submit until the end of the month so that I have exausted all my ideas......BUT......if last nights trial turn out to be rejects over another better composition, I still want to share what I have done at some point. Maybe even a picture of my entire setup.

So, what if there were a gallery, or maybe a subgallery in the "themes" titled "P.O.T.M. cutting floor" where at the end of the month we could share the photos that didn't make our own cut. Now there would obviously have to be a few rules where we couldn't post until voting was done for that current P.O.T.M. theme. But if there's others putting in a good deal of effort to challenge themselves, they surely have a few pics "on the cutting room floor" that they might like to share.

**EDIT** BRAIN LAPSE.....substitute Monthly Challenge for P.O.T.M.....oops!

P.O.T.M. is Photo of the month and shots get nominated by members who like the shots. Then the following month people get to vote for them.

So every pic you post on here that doesn't get nominated you'd have to move to "P.O.T.M. cutting floor" that would never work, the thread would contain 99% of the pics posted on here.

I assume you're talking about the monthly challenge. That is a neat idea, but I don't know if we need a sub-forum for it. You could start a thread with that topic in the photo-themes section each month.

Ok two things here

In regard to POTM:

I assume by this what it is you are looking for is basically a discussion forum to sit and chat about the nominations you had that faild to make the grade. As they are not chosen for entry by the submitting user.

In regard to the Monthly Challenge:

I assume this is really what you ment. You are basically looking for a theme for images you had taken for submission to the monthly challenge but either got rejected, or you felt it insufficient and submitted something different. I considered starting a theme like this back in September after the August challenge (lol if any one remembers August 07 challenge). If this is the case I think it's a grate Idea and I would partissipate.

Am I correct in my assessment that the latter is what you are looking for?

Ok two things here

In regard to POTM:

I assume by this what it is you are looking for is basically a discussion forum to sit and chat about the nominations you had that faild to make the grade. As they are not chosen for entry by the submitting user.

In regard to the Monthly Challenge:

I assume this is really what you ment. You are basically looking for a theme for images you had taken for submission to the monthly challenge but either got rejected, or you felt it insufficient and submitted something different. I considered starting a theme like this back in September after the August challenge (lol if any one remembers August 07 challenge). If this is the case I think it's a grate Idea and I would partissipate.

Am I correct in my assessment that the latter is what you are looking for?

Yes, I meant the Monthly Challenge ( brain lapse on my part there )......What I expect to post in such would be photos that didn't make my own personal cut. Last month and this month I took several photos only to wait until the end of the month to submit them on the chance I shot something better. Anyway, my first attempt for this month challenge is really cool incorporating a couple new techniques I've not put together in one shot. I still want to share it if I shoot a better picture.

Anyway, I figured there were others sumbitting photos who might like to do the same unless they're digging through old photos not taken that month.

I think Ajay has the best solution. I appreciate the idea, as certainly the Monthly Challenge submissions have had extra time and effort put into them.

I don't think an additional forum is necessary, however. We encourage TPF to be as member-driven as possible. Any member can open a new thread in Themes, and even post a reminder or link back to it after each month's votes are counted.

So by all means - have at it! :) Should make for some interesting discussions. Enjoy!

I think Ajay has the best solution. I appreciate the idea, as certainly the Monthly Challenge submissions have had extra time and effort put into them.

I don't think an additional forum is necessary, however. We encourage TPF to be as member-driven as possible. Any member can open a new thread in Themes, and even post a reminder or link back to it after each month's votes are counted.

So by all means - have at it! :) Should make for some interesting discussions. Enjoy!

I think that's what I'll do.......I'll wait until the voting is done for this month though, that way any pictures I post will not give away mine in the voting..........

Any reason why (once the voting is complete) we couldn't also include the photo we submitted? Might be nice to get feedback on that too... see what people did and didn't like about it.

Most reactions

Back