Great wedding photos, unhappy clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Oh and if you look in the background you'll see I was not the only onlooker!)

In the spirit of this thread, are you sure that this mysterious 2nd onlooker in the foreground was not you and that the original photographer was someone else and you are testing us? :confused:

...as he has good grounds for copyright infringement.
Oh, please, a couple of photos on a forum? There's reasonable enforcement, and then there's just plain stupidity.

Besides, who would want to claim those as their own? :lol:

I looked at the OP's photos in this post ,and wondered why people seem to be suggesting that *this* other shooter is somehow artistic http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/176320-heartpatrick-weddings-alex-elsa.html

There's a lot of people who are shooting weddings with technical skills that are just not very well-refined,nor what older people like me would consider professionally-capable.

The photos the OP showed in this post were technically,as in exposure accuracy and appropriateness, well above the skills displayed by the Malaysian wedding shooter in the post I reference above. If the two of them could meld their abilities in some sort of Vulcan Wedding Shooting Meld, the resulting images would have both a modicum of technical virtue and a bit of style and flair.

To add to already stated mess - the pics that you showed are horrible. Composition and lighting is horrible. The couple is over exposed. your colors are damp.
For the future, do not ask family/friends for their opinion, always always ALWAYS ask peers. You'll get truth this way and advice on corrections.
F/F only know how to say "nice" things.

Ok I think we seriously need to have this thread locked now - nobody is reading anything but the frist post and title now and missing the point that the OP is NOT the photographer = nor have they been back in several months ----.

And what's worse is now we're talking about another thread. :)

I looked at the OP's photos in this post ,and wondered why people seem to be suggesting that *this* other shooter is somehow artistic http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/176320-heartpatrick-weddings-alex-elsa.html

There's a lot of people who are shooting weddings with technical skills that are just not very well-refined,nor what older people like me would consider professionally-capable.

The photos the OP showed in this post were technically,as in exposure accuracy and appropriateness, well above the skills displayed by the Malaysian wedding shooter in the post I reference above. If the two of them could meld their abilities in some sort of Vulcan Wedding Shooting Meld, the resulting images would have both a modicum of technical virtue and a bit of style and flair.

(anyone else will need to look at this other thread to understand what I'm on about here)

Derrel, I understand what you're saying but you're mashing together style and composition choices and technical capabilities and equating them as one complete and inseperable animal.

They are not.

There are rules of photography, no question. Usually it's best to follow those rules and usually folks who break them turn out things that do not appeal to the masses... this is clearly the case with you. That's fine. You don't like them. Totally understand.

However... sometimes breaking the rules yields interesing artistic results. Sometimes those results appeal to others. In my experience, it is usually only the people who truly understand the rules that are able to break them effectively.

You may not like images the break the rules, but that doesn't mean that they utterly lack value. They just lack value to you. Different artistic choices than you, does NOT mean a lack of technical capability.

I have seen plenty of photographers on here who clearly had no idea what they were doing and defended their output as "their style". This is not the case here. The photog in the thread you posted about HAD technical capability... it was clear to me in the relative consistency of his style. You can't maintain that kind of look without knowing what you are doing. It wasn't an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back