Green Bay at Sunset

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this overlooking Green Bay in WI. The whole weekend was overcast, but this little ray of color peaked out just at sunset. Landscapes are not my forte. Thoughts?

Door Co-4 by crimbfighter, on Flickr

Nice, though I'd have liked to see that near buoy sharper. I gather there was just enough water movement to wobble it during the exposure?

Do you get up to Door County at all? I used to live in WI, and that was always a nice trip.

As far as a photograph....not quite abstract enough to be abstract, not a strong enough composition to stand like that... it's a record of a beautiful evening.

I second heading up to Door County, especially Cave Point State Park. One of my favorite places to shoot.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Nice, though I'd have liked to see that near buoy sharper. I gather there was just enough water movement to wobble it during the exposure?

Do you get up to Door County at all? I used to live in WI, and that was always a nice trip.

Hit the nail on the head with the buoy. It was a two or three second exposure, and there was a tad too much wind for it to stay still..

This was actually taken in Door Co. Ephraim to be exact. The land visible is the tip of Peninsula State Park.

I like it ... it is peaceful with a touch of ominous foreboding.

Thanks Gary!

As far as a photograph....not quite abstract enough to be abstract, not a strong enough composition to stand like that... it's a record of a beautiful evening.

I second heading up to Door County, especially Cave Point State Park. One of my favorite places to shoot.

I definitely see your point with not being too compelling with either genre. Anything in particular you think might improve upon the image?

I'll definitely have to check out that park! Thanks for the tip.

Crop in tight on the two far buoys, see how you like that.

Ah thought that looked like Ephram, I know exactly where you were. My aunt lives in Egg Harbor and my grandma lives in Jacksonport.

Crop in tight on the two far buoys, see how you like that.

Ah thought that looked like Ephram, I know exactly where you were. My aunt lives in Egg Harbor and my grandma lives in Jacksonport.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is this more what you were thinking? I actually like it more. Removing some of that dead space I feel brings my eye more to the subject(s) in the image.

Door Co-6 by crimbfighter, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back