Green edge on part of picture

Goldcoin79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a Christmas picture with mince pies in and found that when I put it on the PC there was a green edge round the mince pie when you zoomed in slightly. My question is how is this caused and is there away to get rid of this green edge?

The software I use to edit is photoshop elements 11, the only way I could think to get rid of the green edge is the healing tool but it wasn't great.

Post a picture so that we can see the problem..

Buy fresher pies?
Wear rose-colored glasses?

This sounds like some "chromatic aberration", which may have occurred either in your lens, or in your camera's processing firmware, or it could have occurred naturally, from the color of the pie dish and the room lights.

Please post at least a crop showing the green area.

$72dpiDSC_0646.jpg$cropDSC_0646.jpg

Looks like an out-of-focus pie.

was a flash used? looks like two exposures happened.

you need to close down that aperture and get better focus.

The green fringing is only present on the edges that are out of focus. I think the DOF is just not sufficient to get the whole pie in focus.

Assuming that pie is around 3" in diameter, DOF looks to only be about 1/2".

And I just checked the exif. You shot this at f/1.8. Stop down enough to get the whole pie in focus and your issues should go away.

The CA doesn't look too bad really. But software will take so for that out. Find where you software removes chromatic aberrations

Thanks all, at least I know what it is now. I agree that looking at the picture I should of increased the dof to allow first mince pie to be fully in focus.

Most reactions

Back