Green for LaFoto and White for Anti

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my favourite birding spots now sports fields of Trilliums in bloom. The Trillium is the official flower of Ontario and only blooms from April to June.

lynde20075158163.jpg

lynde20075158158.jpg

lynde20075158156.jpg

lynde20075158138.jpg

lynde20075158133.jpg

lynde20075158143.jpg

During my walk yesterday I was able to add a new bird to my list, a Rose-Breasted Grosbeak.

lynde20075158151.jpg

Lots of Chiller’s friends were around
lynde20075158166.jpg

and some of the usual suspects
lynde20075158170.jpg

lynde20075158171.jpg

lynde20075158188.jpg

lynde20075158173.jpg

lynde20075158207.jpg

lynde20075158211.jpg

lynde20075158226.jpg

Well, it was a good walk but today I was zonked. This surgery has slowed me down more then I thought. It’s a good thing it was raining and dark today so I had no motivation to go out, maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for looking,

Eric

Some of the flowers are a bit underexposed but the wildlife shots are dynamite!

weee.gif
Yayyyy, trillium photos! What a beautiful sight, to see a carpet of trilliums in a forest. Haven't seen it with my own eyes......yet!

Love the bird pics too... especially the dove and cardinal.

Nice shots!!! I don't see that many birds in the city! I need to get out to the forest!!

Do take your time, this was not a minor thing done to you! You might take up to six months to get back to where you were, Eric.

But I'm glad to see that you were out and about for a walk - and the trilium is a flower that we don't have here at all, I am seeing it here on TPF for the first time ever.

Lovely, those flower-carpeted woods. In Britain it were the bluebonnets out in all the woods in the south (or everywhere?) and with you it now is the trilium, what a beautiful sight! I can't think of any woods around here that have any kind of "carpeting" at all, whether it be bluebonnets, trilium or even only ferns all over. No... nowhere near here.

You haven't lost your eye for the birds.
If you ever read my "Saga", you know how difficult I find it to even only SPOT these fellas, I may be out and hear them loud and clear, but can't for the life of me SEE them! Wow. How do you DO that?

Beautiful shots! I think my favorite is your new birdy find :)

Thanks everyone for the great words. I saved my energy yesterday and after dropping my wife off at work today I plan to head back for a few more shots. It is nice and sunny again today with a good forecast heading into the weekend.

LaFoto, I am very lucky at having a wooded area very close to where I live where the birds are very friendly. Having a bag of sunflower seeds to bring them in with really helps getting then within shooting range.

Cheers,

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back