Green Hydrant

weirdcharacters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I thought it was an odd colour for a hydrant :meh:

2d87414e.jpg

You are right... you wouldn't expect them like this. Well spotted.
Have you ever considered playing around with some selective colouring for this particular photo?

fire hydrants are "supposed" to be color coded according to the amount of water flow they can provide. Most municipalities choose not to follow these national standards, because testing and painting costs money, and most prefer a more uniform look.

a green hydrant is residential, and provides a flow of 1000-1500 gallons per minute.

black caps aren't an approved color that i've ever heard of. so the odds are somebody thought it would look good painted that color and did it.

enough useless information... great shot!

MotorPsycho said:
fire hydrants are "supposed" to be color coded according to the amount of water flow they can provide. Most municipalities choose not to follow these national standards, because testing and painting costs money, and most prefer a more uniform look.

a green hydrant is residential, and provides a flow of 1000-1500 gallons per minute.

black caps aren't an approved color that i've ever heard of. so the odds are somebody thought it would look good painted that color and did it.

enough useless information... great shot!

Are you a Fireman / Woman? where do you pick up stuff like that?

LaFoto said:
You are right... you wouldn't expect them like this. Well spotted.
Have you ever considered playing around with some selective colouring for this particular photo?
sort of. I actually did the hydrant AND the leaves in colour, and left the rest b/w. It didn't make too much of a difference, as you can see:

fwdfreverver.jpg

Most reactions

Back