Green leaf

GrfxGuru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.grfxmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted something for a desktop wallpaper and this seemed to offer it's self up for a photo to do just that.

grn_leaf.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Regards,
Peter Witham

The shadowing in the top left corner is really annoying me.... and its too light in the bottim right corner.... theres a couple of glares on the leaf also.... try to keep the lighting consistant next time.

Ah. Someone likes a green desktop wallpaper then. Shake hands on that, mine's green, too :D
So where have you now placed your icons?
And what was the light source you used? Is it just the sun?

(Speaking on the side and just about "in brackets", here is my desktop for you
desktop.jpg

just to show you, not to hijack your thread) ;).

The shadowing in the top left corner is really annoying me.... and its too light in the bottim right corner.... theres a couple of glares on the leaf also.... try to keep the lighting consistant next time.

I'll have a word with Nature about that next time :p. As you can tell it was one leaf among many, and my rule is never to reorganize nature just to get a photo. FYI the leaves have a shine to them naturally. Thanks for the comments.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Ah. Someone likes a green desktop wallpaper then. Shake hands on that, mine's green, too :D
So where have you now placed your icons?
And what was the light source you used? Is it just the sun?

(Speaking on the side and just about "in brackets", here is my desktop for you
just to show you, not to hijack your thread) ;).

Nice love that desktop image, star burst filter on the highlight? I am afraid I'm one of those terrible people that has a completely empty desktop devoid of icons except drives that sit in the top right.

...and if there was anyone I would want to hijack my thread it would be you LaFoto :)

Regards,
Peter Witham

Opps forgot to answer the lighting question...

Yes just the sun which made an appearance between very big storm clouds, I would of preferred a more balanced lighting (as in no top left shadow) but have to work with what it gave me and I thought using a flash to lighten top left would of created other problems with reflections in the water.

Regards,
Peter Witham

I like the capture, the black and shadows bring the green out much more. It beats my wallpaper... (marco of some random money, hey its "green") :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back