green leaves

grimmett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Shot this recently and I was happily surprised to see how it turned out. It just looks really cool to me. Nothing is in focus and it's a wild exposure to say the least, but I still really like it. What do you guys think?
Kodak 400UC--don't remember any other details.
Thanks for looking.
3393573523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D7%3A6%3D925%3DXROQDF%3E2323476%3C795%3A%3Aot1lsi

I like it. I enjoy the monochrome color, and the pictorialist look. It could almost be a block print or an ink drawing. I don't think that this image is an end product; it's an exercise to inspire you to go in new directions.

It reminds me of a photograph by a guy named Huger Foote. Look for him on the web, and look for his book "My Friend From Memphis". Nobody knows who this guy is so you can find it for bargin prices. He does some really neat stuff with color and DOF using ordinary subjects from the everyday world around him.

ksmattfish said:
It reminds me of a photograph by a guy named Huger Foote. Look for him on the web, and look for his book "My Friend From Memphis". Nobody knows who this guy is so you can find it for bargin prices. He does some really neat stuff with color and DOF using ordinary subjects from the everyday world around him.

I haven't seen the book, but I've seen some of his stuff before. Is your comparison between my photo and Huger Foote based on ONE of his photo's or all of them? I only ask because I don't see it that much. I'm guessing it's because I haven't seen that much of his stuff, but I was just curious if there was a particular photo of his that this reminded you of. Does that make sense? :roll: Anyway, thanks for the comments and kind words.

Nice capture. It takes a good eye to capture something mundane in a new light. Sometimes that light is yellow.

I'd like to see the leaves a bit sharper, and perhaps if they were a darker silhouette it would increase the feeling of a block print as ksmattfish suggested.

Good shot.

Most reactions

Back