GReenish ligjt glare??? :-/

OcLove

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Question, I have a feeling the answer might be to clean the lens but Im not sure, so that's why I'll ask anyway. I've notice sometimes when I have took a pic there will be some reflective type of greenish glowing light mimicking an object that's in the pic but upside down I think it is being displaced when I review the image. Does anyone know what that might be. And if it is due to needing a clean what's the best type of cleaning way to use. The wipes? Thank u for you help and time. :)

post the image... makes it a lot easier to figure out! As Lew mentioned above... Filters (especially inexpensive non-multi-coated UV or Clear "Protection" filters) are the primary source of lens flare. And this sounds like lens flare.

greenish glowing light mimicking an object that's in the pic but upside down :)
That is a huge clue.

A lens turns an image upside down. So "but upside down" indicates it is likely internal lens flare. Since filters are flat (not a lens), flare cause by them is not turned upside down.
A camera lens projects the image onto film/image sensor upside down.

Wiping a lens has to be done very carefully so dust particles don't scratch the lens coatings.
Most of the time, occasionally using a hand blower and a natural bristle brush is all that is needed.
To remove stuff that isn't dust, like the body oils a fingerprint leaves, some kind of liquid cleaner is needed. (Never spay lens cleaner directly on the lens. Spray a bit of the lens cleaner onto a lens tissue.)
All dust that can be, has to be removed first with the blower/brush. Some dust will stay stuck to the fingerprint body oil, so a gentle touch is required when wiping a lens.

Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large - Black
Revlon Powder Brush, Premium
Purosol All Natural Lens Cleaner 1oz.
Tiffen Lens Cleaning Tissue - Pack of 50 Sheets

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
$image-2114222713.jpg

Here's an example of what I was referring about. Just an Example to show you.

Most reactions

Back