Greetings and hallucinations!

Rocky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello from El Paso.

I've always enjoyed photography. My first camera was a Brownie box camera. Later, I bought a Yashica rangefinder while in VietNam. But I really got into it after buying my first SLR (Minolta 101). I took the School of Modern Photography correspondence course back in the mid 70s and even set up a darkroom along with a buddy who I shared a house with when I lived in England. Fast forward a number of years--I kinda' lost interest. Gave my gear to my younger brother. I don't know why...

Then, a few years ago, I won a digital camera as a prize at a company party (for singing karaoke 'Kung Fu Fighting'--I deserved more than just a camera for doing that!). I loved the ability to see my pics without having to have them developed and that sorta' got me fired up again. Upgraded to a 5MP point and shoot, which recently crapped out on me while on a bike trip through the national parks in Utah (Bryce Canyon, to be specific). So (always being frustrated by the limitations of the point and shoot) I sprung for a new Nikon D80 and I LOVE IT!

I'm really excited about the capabilities of the camera and the whole digital post-processing thing, though I confess to knowing absolutely nothing about the process at this point.

Based on what I've seen on this forum so far, I think I'm really going to enjoy the time I spend here. Especially compared to another forum I frequent, there's a refresing lack of vitriol here--you all seem to get along pretty well together.

Have you really looked at all the posts going on in this forum?

Welcome and enjoy.

Welcome to TPF, and thanks for the intro. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Welcome to the Forum and back to photography.

Have you really looked at all the posts going on in this forum?

Maybe not all, but compared to the other forum I spend time on, the people here seem downright civil. Granted, there are always a few...

Most reactions

Back