Greetings Everyone!

Royster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sugarfree01.bebo.com
:D Hello everyone! Im Royster and i just got started in photography. Ive always been interested in the art but people i know said it would be expensive.finally now ive saved enough to buy myself a decent camera and lens kit Im really exited to learn how to take better pictures. Im very glad i found this website, its nice to know that theres a lot of people out there who are helpfull and can offer expert advice to learners like me. I will be going on holiday to the Philippines for 4 weeks and i would like to ask advice on equipment to bring, aside from my camera, instruction booklet and "Photography for dummies" book what essential equipment/accesories should i bring? its going to be hot and humid there, will this affect my films and the quality of my pictures?. By the way i bought a Canon EOS 300X with a 28mm-90mm and 90mm-300mm zoom lens kit, did i make a good choice?

I look forward to hearing your advice. :hail:

Thanks in advance. :D

Royster said:
:D Hello everyone! Im Royster and i just got started in photography. Ive always been interested in the art but people i know said it would be expensive.finally now ive saved enough to buy myself a decent camera and lens kit Im really exited to learn how to take better pictures. Im very glad i found this website, its nice to know that theres a lot of people out there who are helpfull and can offer expert advice to learners like me. I will be going on holiday to the Philippines for 4 weeks and i would like to ask advice on equipment to bring, aside from my camera, instruction booklet and "Photography for dummies" book what essential equipment/accesories should i bring? its going to be hot and humid there, will this affect my films and the quality of my pictures?. By the way i bought a Canon EOS 300X with a 28mm-90mm and 90mm-300mm zoom lens kit, did i make a good choice?

I look forward to hearing your advice. :hail:

Thanks in advance. :D

Hey Royster, welcome to TPF! Enjoy your stay. I am so very jealous because you're so friggin' cool to go to the Phillippines! The EOS and choice of lenses seem apropriate. We want to see some pics upon your return, mate!

Welcome to TPF.

Heat and humidity are the worst conditions for film. Film is coated with gelatine - this absorbs moisture and, being an animal product, it is nutritious. All sorts of things will start growing on it as soon as they can.
Keep films sealed in waterproof bags and keep them in the fridge - both exposed and unexposed. Put some silica gel sachets in the bags with the film to absorb moisture. Process the films as soon as possible.
If you search the forums you will find threads about film storage.
If you ask a question in the General forum you will get more information than you thought possible ;-)

well I'm jealous too about the Philippines!!! But even though welcome aboard. I cannot give you any certain advice about the gear you bought because I'm mostly digital and havve only very weak idea about film cams. But I thonk that the lens choice is good :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back