Greetings from California

FoundMyCamera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all...have been reading these forum posts for 3 days now and decided to officially join. I studied film photography in college (1989-1991) everything from beginning B & W to Studio and Large Format. Pretty much dropped it though when I "got on with life" via more schooling, work, married, kids, etc. The fact I had no access to a darkroom was a large part of leaving my favorite hobby behind. I had a Canon EOS 35mm and started getting lazy and leaving in auto mode full time.

In 2003, shortly after I had my second child, I bought a Canon EOS Digital Rebel, finally finding a DSLR that had very little, if any shutter lag (I refused digital up to that point for that very reason...shutter lag drove me NUTS!!!) Still, with two little ones, I left the camera on auto for the most part. I was also clueless in regards to photo editing. I took the photos, had them printed, slapped them in a Creative Memories album as fast as I could, just like any good mommy at the time.

This year, yes 5 years later, I still have that same camera (I think it was the original Canon DSLR? It is only 6.3MP, which at the time was cutting edge...hahaha) and now with the kiddos being 8 and almost 6, I have rediscovered my manual modes, playing with ISO (oh my! so much more freedom than film! When you shot ISO 800 with film it was for at least 24 shots!!) white balance, and my favorite...aperture priority!

I also converted to Mac back in March and having a lot of fun with editing in iPhoto (although I've used free Picasa, too, and it does have a few more features I like, but iPhoto is a great organizing tool for me) so I have refound my passion...hence the user name. I have several questions...now to find a good folder to ask them all! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back