Greetings from Canada

leprechaun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say hideeho from Montreal and introduce myself.

I'm rather young, i'll be 21 in 4 days. I've been doing photography with lack of seriousness for a couple years. It all started with a daycamp that had a course. A course for ten year olds isn't very advanced of course, but it got me outside taking pictures and some hands on in the lab. I remember my pictures being really good. Unfortunatly, my mother got reprints of the final product this christmas, and that kind of burst my bubble! Most of them were out of focus. Oh well.

Anyway, being a geek, i got a digital camera 3 years ago. A lower megapixel, but good Camera. Olumpus C2100UZ I've taken quite alot of shots with it, and was quite satisfied, although the size prevented me from taking too many "on the spot" souvenir pictures.

The only thing that camera lacked was manual controls. IT did have them, but being in menus on screen makes them inaccessible and in turn makes me rely on auto. Thus, i did develop "the eye" i guess, but non of the skill.

As if i hadn't learned from my mistakes, I recently got an even bigger camera! A Nikon D70! I haven't taken any pictures on auto, and am quite satisfied, although i still dont know it very well, i'm working on it.

I joined this forum mainly to get feedback on what I do and i'm looking forward to getting bashed! :p

ON another note, am i the only one who thinks winter sucks? I mean, i haven't taken any outdoor pictures that are worth keeping. For some reason, everything looks grey and lifeless. With a darker clouded sky, the grey pavement, covered with brown slew, the cars colors being dulled by this same brown slew, no green leaves. I dunno, i just can't wait till summer to take a good shot. Please help!

Anyway, that was a portion of me in 400 words.

Cheers, Lawrence

Hey fellow D70 user. I just joined too. Our stories seem to be the same. Startin out with point and shoots and upgrading to SLR's.

Yeah winter does suck. Though Black and White shots do make use of the gray. Still, taking pictures of wintery scenes and icicles on trees is a bit cliche, don't you agree?

Hope to c u around here sum more.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'll try to be as nice as you :)

nice signature pic picksure btw

Hey Lep, Welcome to TPF!!! You'll find that most of us joined to get criticed and quickly found ourselves moving into the place...so come on in and take yer shoes off for a bit.

Welcome! Yes winter sucks! Although, things are nice and green here in Vancouver!

Welcome to TPF and (early) Happy Birthday!

welcome...
winter isnt so bad... try portraits with the softer over cast light it should be good, plus the cold will put alittle color in there cheaks, if your out too long it may be blue though....
keep shootin...

Welcome, good to have you here. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Nope, you're not the only one who hates winter. I don't mind winter for a month, anything over a month is too much for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back