Greetings from Culpeper VA

EJRPhotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello to all.

I have joined this forum for advice and insite. I am 26 years old and have been taking pictures as a hobby/passion since my grandfather handed me his old Nikon F3 35mm camera on his deathbead at the age of 8 years old. ever since then I have been reluctant to put a camera down. When in the NAVY my parents got me an Nikon D50 and that has been my main camera ever since.

Over the past 2 months I have been taking charge and really looking into starting my own business with Photography and photo editing. I am looking to launch early next year if possible.

The major hold ups at the moment are 1. coming up with a name for the company that is not already in use. 2. money 3. and what camera to buy.

as far as the camera goes i have been doing a lot of reading up on the Canon lineup and i am torn between going with three or four models i like the 7D 5D markii and the 1DS markii and the 1DX markiii

can anyone help me with narrowing some of these options down?

Hello to all.

I have joined this forum for advice and insite. I am 26 years old and have been taking pictures as a hobby/passion since my grandfather handed me his old Nikon F3 35mm camera on his deathbead at the age of 8 years old. ever since then I have been reluctant to put a camera down. When in the NAVY my parents got me an Nikon D50 and that has been my main camera ever since.

Over the past 2 months I have been taking charge and really looking into starting my own business with Photography and photo editing. I am looking to launch early next year if possible.

The major hold ups at the moment are 1. coming up with a name for the company that is not already in use. 2. money 3. and what camera to buy.

as far as the camera goes i have been doing a lot of reading up on the Canon lineup and i am torn between going with three or four models i like the 7D 5D markii and the 1DS markii and the 1DX markiii

Welcome! Company names are very personal - Mine came from an epiphany (My name is Ash, I am relaunching / re-branding my business) and called my business Phoenix Designs (From the Ash). Find something that represents you and go with that, I based my name on if websites were available too. Money is the hardest part. As an artist chances are it will take a while to get a decent influx going! Go pro when it makes as much as a full time job is probably the best line of advice or work in the field for someone, but don't be too hasty to leap feet first into the business, its a smart idea to take a few business courses or google good business practices too. As far as cam's go I love the 5D series. I've shot with the 1D series and like them, and maybe one day I'll be able to justify the cost, go with what feels good... Or go cheap on the body (rebel) and get a nice lens... Glass is key. Good luck, this is the best business in the world to be in!

Hello to all.

Welcome! Company names are very personal - Mine came from an epiphany (My name is Ash, I am relaunching / re-branding my business) and called my business Phoenix Designs (From the Ash). Find something that represents you and go with that, I based my name on if websites were available too. Money is the hardest part. As an artist chances are it will take a while to get a decent influx going! Go pro when it makes as much as a full time job is probably the best line of advice or work in the field for someone, but don't be too hasty to leap feet first into the business, its a smart idea to take a few business courses or google good business practices too. As far as cam's go I love the 5D series. I've shot with the 1D series and like them, and maybe one day I'll be able to justify the cost, go with what feels good... Or go cheap on the body (rebel) and get a nice lens... Glass is key. Good luck, this is the best business in the world to be in!

I have come up with a few names but seems that some are already taken (in diffrent states) and dont know if i can use them or change the spelling a little bit. I have a few friends that are business savy and are helping me a lot with the paperwork side and tips. but it is never a bad idea to get as much information from as many sources as possible esp. the people in the same line of work. thus why i have joined a forum that foucus in on this.

Thank you for the advice. I watched a review on the 5Dmark2 and am looking into that one as the starter camera but i am worried that with me going up to skyline drive area if i encounter bad weather if it is going to be able to be able to handle it as well as the 1D series. but just like you stated the 1D's are not cheap at all.

Hello to all.

I have come up with a few names but seems that some are already taken (in diffrent states) and dont know if i can use them or change the spelling a little bit. I have a few friends that are business savy and are helping me a lot with the paperwork side and tips. but it is never a bad idea to get as much information from as many sources as possible esp. the people in the same line of work. thus why i have joined a forum that foucus in on this.

Thank you for the advice. I watched a review on the 5Dmark2 and am looking into that one as the starter camera but i am worried that with me going up to skyline drive area if i encounter bad weather if it is going to be able to be able to handle it as well as the 1D series. but just like you stated the 1D's are not cheap at all.

Not that its a guarantee but my 5D (with grip) has been in the mist, rain, and snow. No issues so far and I've had this since they launched the 5D. There are some very good deals on the 1D mk II second hand, that sucker is waterproof. I carry a zip lock plastic bag and a heavy duty elastic band and use that in torrential downpours... I don't know how the states works vis a vis business names but in Canada you can register a numbered business and have a "operating name".

i will have to look into the nubered company name thing i have not heard of that. thank you again for your advice ash

welcome to the site, i responded to your other post, just a heads up, it's against the rules to post the same thing in diffrent sub forums.

welcome to the site, i responded to your other post, just a heads up, it's against the rules to post the same thing in diffrent sub forums.

oops. thanks for the heads up on that. i didnt realy think about that. its a standard rule with most forums. i am posting from work so i am not thinking as clearly as i should be.

so let me formally apologize now. it will not happen again. we can chock it up to a noob error i guess. lol

Welcome to the site.

As a side note, I like Frost Cafe in Culpeper and Phoenix Steakhouse.

Took pictures for both places for Tripadvisor

oh, and welcome.

I have not tried frost yet and have lived here for going on 3 years now.

traveler i will have to do that. and maybe in the comming weekends i can take the wife there and try them. i have heard from a few people that its good eats.

Most reactions

Back