Greetings From Indianapolis!

Doublehelix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First post (trying to artificially inflate my thread count! ;) ). This seems like a friendly place, so I thought I would drop by to "add some and take some" knowledge.

Been into photography as a serious amateur for a long time, but still have tons to learn (as do we all). Hopefully, I'll be able to add some tidbits here and there as well. I am "Nikon Guy" at heart, and have a ton of Canon jokes at the ready, so be warned!!! :lmao: LOL! I started on Pentax and Minolta film cameras many moons ago, but drifted away from photography for many years as family and career got in the way. Bought a Nikon D90 about 5-6 years ago as my first foray into the DSLR world. I now use that as my backup body, and shoot mainly with a D800, which I adore. I also have a love of computers, so PP work is near and dear to my heart.

I really enjoy varied aspects of photography, which is one of the tell-tale signs of an amateur! I like to shoot portraiture a bit (and have a ton of lights and modifiers), and love event photography (sports, dance, theater), but I also have recently gotten hooked on outdoors and landscape stuff. One of those "Jack of all trades and master of none" scenarios. I have also dabbled a bit in HDR, and love everything from photo-realism to crazy over-the-top HDR and tone-mapping depending on my mood.

I hang out at a couple of other photography forums, and I am looking forward to meeting the crowd around here as well.

Welcome from Maryland.
I lived in Indianapolis for 3+ years while at IUPUI for graduate school a great many years ago - and liked Indianapolis (except of course for the noise during race week)

Welcome aboard James!

Welcome to the forum from another guy from Indiana.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back